Wednesday 12 October 2011

Sunrise Sunset

Our third project was to document the sunrise and sunset for 7 consecutive days in different ways. This meant getting up at every sunrise (I missed a couple) to record something from that time period, evaluating it, thinking of a different method for sunset and ensuring that I don't miss it, then planning another different idea for the following sunrise. Every day. Whilst continuing our regular weekly schedule!
It was great fun but very challenging for me to come up with short, sweet ideas twice a day. I like to make art and develop it over a period of time, so without the chance of furthering any of these ideas, I feel like most of them are a bit pants!


Changing of light in Freedom Fields, during sunset
Pebbles I collected and painted to create a composition of colour


A rock I collected from the seashore and painted with a picture of sunset at the Hoe. I think the two work well when presented together.


The sunset how I imagined it behind the thick, grey mist. Acrylic paint on canvas.
A negative photo of the city lights from the top of my hill, using a slow shutter speed and manual movement of the camera. I wanted to get circular effects to represent the cycle of sunrise to sunset


As well as these, I filmed the sunrise from my terrace and adjusted the speed to make it faster (really jolty fail), made an oil pastal picture, sketched all the dustbins out on the lane one morning before the folk come to remove the trash, took some video clips of the park lights coming on at dusk, attempted to sing and play a song that represents the change from night to day and wrote down the lyrics, tea-stained paper and cut out the word tea, and had my housemate draw around my elongated shadow that was cast at sunset.







No comments:

Post a Comment